Telephones are just supposed to work. No fuss. Pick it up, dial a number, and you’re connected.
Cell phones shouldn’t be any different – but they are.
In the case of my I-Mate K-Jam, the thing is simply too slow. And often times, it looks like its frozen – while its actually just chugging through something.
Last night I decided I need to do some research on overclocking this thing. Turns out, someone else had the same complaint and already had a blog entry about it. Here it is:
The standard clockspeed was 132mhz, and now I got it running at 264 – twice as fast. Its only been in this state for about 6 hours, but its like having a completely different phone – its a huge improvement.
The only thing left is to see what it does to the battery life… 🙂