- just booked my tix for Defcon & LinuxWorld… see everyone there! #
Archive for: June, 2008
- I’ve been a die-hard Maxthon browser user for years, but Firefox 3.0 is crazy fast… its amazing! #
Related o my post from last week – Houston #1. Now, Newsweek reports:
Houston’s good fortune is largely a function of the current oil boom. But this isn’t the type of gusher that led to busts in 1981 and 1986. Instead, Houston is experiencing a 21st-century boom fueled by a weak dollar and global growth. “Three things affect Houston’s economy,” says Patrick Jankowski, vice president of research at the Greater Houston Partnership: “the price of energy, the value of the dollar and the strength of the U.S. economy at large.” As Meat Loaf said, two out of three ain’t bad.
- my popcorn hour a-100 died. When power is applied, power LED comes on for a second then no lights & nothing on the screen. So sad. 🙁 #
This is making the rounds all over the ‘net so I figured I’d post it too… 🙂
It’s the city of big plans and no rules, beat-the-heat tunnels and loop-the-loop highways, world-class museums and wiry cowboys, humidity that demands an ice-cold martini and the biggest damn liquor store on the planet. How could you not love Houston?
The top 10 quicklist: Best Cities to Live, Work and Play
The full Best Cities Center: Kiplinger.com’s Best Cities Center.
Kiplinger’s video tour of Houston:
Update: This old post is probably relevant, I think its a better video than Kiplinger’s: Houston?
- @charnellpugsley not sure chumby is worth it, but its a neat toy. Mine is sitting on my nightstand. #
Wow, looks like SWA is watching! Thats great!
In my continuing research I ran into this video… lots more research to do.
This is a pretty good blow-by-blow of one person’s installation of solar panels… it makes me seriously think about doing it too…
- taking apart an xbox360 is definitely not a trivial matter… but having the right tools helps. ugh #